2012-2013 Seed Exchange

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lserowicz
Title: Guest
2012-2013 Seed Exchange

Hello everyone- I am cross-posting this from the General Alpines>Nothing may be as stark a realization... topic for those who are looking here for information about when the Seed List and online ordering will be available.

Just got a call from Chris Klapwijk, our webmaster and the programmer of the Seed Exchange database and the online ordering. Due to a family emergency he will not be able to get the seed list and online ordering up at 6 p.m. as he hoped but he should to be able to get to it later tonight or by morning (depending on where you are) when he gets back from the hospital. He apologizes profusely for the additional delay.

If anyone wants an email notice sent to them when the list is up rather than staring at the SeedEx page waiting for it to change(sort of like staring at a seed pot waiting for the seeds to sprout) please send me a note (seedintake@mi.rr.com). I will send out emails to everyone who contacts me as soon as the list is up. And as Fermi's experience shows, even if yours is not the first order to arrive you will have a good chance of getting some great seeds. Now there's a dedicated seed lover - getting a computer just so he can order seed!
Laura

Mark McD
Title: Moderator

Moderator note: I have left this version of the on-line seed exchange 2012-2013 posting, because it's in the correct spot and with a meaningful title, and locked the duplicate cross-postings.  The duplicate postings will be removed as soon as the on-line seed exchange goes live.  Feel free to post in this version of the topic.

Mark McDonough
Massachusetts, USA, near the New Hampshire border USDA Zone 5
antennaria at aol.com

Lserowicz

Hello Everyone -

The seedex is up and running online, at:
http://nargs.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=75&Itemid=123
.... so you can now enter your email address on the Ordering Instructions page and receive the automated email reply that will link you to your ordering form. 

We hope you all receive your first choices... and they all germinate.

Please be aware that order fulfillment won't begin until after the first of the new year, and the orders of our Donors are filled before those of non-donors.  Your order can receive this priority in the next seed exchange if not in this one, plus an extra ten packets of your requested seeds, if you donate at least five different taxa of seed by Fall of 2013. 

Thanks for your patience!

Best regards -
The NARGS Seed Exchange Team

Laura Serowicz
Seed Exchange Intake Manager
SE Michigan Z6

Gene Mirro

I like the ease of use, and I love the clickable plant names.

SW Washington state, 600 ft. altitude

Cockcroft
Title: Member

I agree with Gene that ordering (and looking up plants whose names are unfamiliar) is really slick.  I like it!

Unfortunately, when I tried to place the order, I was not prompted to pay.  Laura said she'll let me know when that part of the process is corrected.

...Claire
40 degrees and rain, with a strong windstorm and heavy rain predicted for this evening

Claire Cockcroft
Bellevue, Washington Zone 7-8

Lori S.
Title: Moderator

I agree!  What a spectacular effort this year's seedex list is!  The links to Google photos for every species are just amazing - I can't imagine how much work this was to produce.  Sincere thanks to all involved!

Lori
Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Zone 3
-30 C to +30 C (rarely!); elevation ~1130m; annual precipitation ~40 cm

Lserowicz

Hello again everyone,

We discovered the problem after Chris (webmaster) left to go to hospital! We’ll have him look into it as soon as he returns from visiting family member in hospital. Hopefully it will be soon!!

We are sure we will come up with a solution so no one will lose their place in the queue! We know our members will be willing to work with us on the payment (or else we will kidnap their first germinating seeds.... ;))

We will contact you once we have a solution! Luckily it is just a problem for our North American members.

Many thanks to the wonderful members who have contacted me!
Laura

Laura Serowicz
Seed Exchange Intake Manager
SE Michigan Z6

Hoy
Hoy's picture

I've just done my duty! Everything worked just fine ;)
Thanks to all involved in making this possible!

Just one thing - I forgot to stick to my wish list, too many exiting species I hadn't previously though of :-\  ;D

Trond
Rogaland, Norway - with cool, often rainy summers  (29C max) and mild, often rainy winters (180 cm/year)!

Gene Mirro

Attention novices:  there are lots of sturdy, vigorous perennials on this list that will be easy to germinate and grow.  You won't need a scree or anything fancy.  Many of them don't have exotic germination requirements.  And you don't need to know a lot of Latin names.  Just click on the links.  There is a world of information at your fingertips.

Booker
Booker's picture

Absolutely magnificent and faultless exercise ... hearty congratulations and many thanks to everyone involved.

Cliff Booker A.K.A. Ranunculus
On the moors in Lancashire, U.K.
Usually wet, often windy, sometimes cold ... and that's just me!

Gene Mirro

Is there a list of donors?

Pages