The 2011 NARGS Seed Exchange

76 posts / 0 new
Last post
Booker's picture
Title: Member

Absolutely superb operation ... many, many thanks to all concerned and Merry Christmas to you all.

Cliff Booker A.K.A. Ranunculus
On the moors in Lancashire, U.K.
Usually wet, often windy, sometimes cold ... and that's just me!

Title: Guest

Yes,  marvelous ...  Joy to use .... Bill Moyles

Bill Moyles
Oakland, California

Peter George

Just to note that the vast majority of the work to make this happen was done by Chris Klapwijk, our webmaster, and Laura Serowicz, the Director of the Seed Exchange. Joyce Fingerut and Bobby Ward also played major roles in this project and we should thank them all for their work and their persistence in overcoming the inevitable series of tiny problems which collectively almost killed two or three of us. And for those of you who haven't had the opportunity to peek at the seed selection, methinks you'll be surprised at the variety and the quality. To those of you who are Christians, have a wonderful Christmas. To those Jews among us, Chag Urim Sameach. And for the Pagans, I'm confident that your Solstice celebration was truly memorable.

Peter George, Petersham, MA (north central MA, close to the NH/VT borders), zones 5b and 6 around the property.

Title: Moderator

I've never spent so little time putting in an order. 
With simple and easy to follow directions, it went so smoothly!

Clearly, there was a mountain of thought that went into this.
-- (Not to mention a world of work!)

My gratitude to everyone involved!

Rick Rodich    zone 4a.    Annual precipitation ~24 inches
near Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

maggiepie's picture

All's well that ends well. ;D

Many thanks to all involved, I can only imagine the amount of hours that went into making this happen.
Hope your hair grows back :rolleyes:

Happy holidays to all.

Helen Poirier

New Brunswick , Canada
zone 4b

Tom Waters
Tom Waters's picture

Everything worked very smoothly for me too! Thanks to everyone who helped this come together.

[i][color=#8080FF]Tom Waters ~ Telperion Oasis[/color]
[color=#A0C0FF]Cuyamungue, New Mexico, USA ~ USDA zone 6[/color][/i]

Saori's picture

Thanks for all your hard work! My order went as smooth as butter! :)

From the beautiful Pacific Northwest, USA,
where summer is mild and dry but winter is dark and very wet... USDA Zone 7b or 8 (depends on the year)

Lori S.

Wow, that was slick!  Thanks very much, Chris and Laura, and Joyce and Bobby (and anyone else who may have been involved), for all your hard work to set that up!  It's much appreciated.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Zone 3
-30 C to +30 C (rarely!); elevation ~1130m; annual precipitation ~40 cm

Mark McD

I am duly impressed of the NARGS online seed exchange ordering system... just went through it from start (first look at the seedlist) to finish (paying via PayPal), and it was so easy and seamless.  Huge kudos to NARGS WebMaster Chris Klapwijk, seed exchange director Laura Serowicz, and the whole seed exchange team!  As an IT guy myself (Information Technology), I know full well the huge amount of effort that goes on behind-the-scenes which largely goes unappreciated, but I must say to Chris in particular, the online seed ordering experience and user-interface is extremely well done (I'm a known critic of bad software implementation), the interface has all the right links, options, and User-Interface implementations... certainly worth the small delay in ironing out wrinkles, a new standard has been set. 

Mark McDonough
Massachusetts, USA, near the New Hampshire border USDA Zone 5
antennaria at

Just got it this morning - absolutely wonderful and thank you, thank you, thank you.  So easy to manage - and I need lots of "easy" these days.  Merry Christmas!  Fran

Frances Howey
London,Ontario, Canada
Zone 5b