Here's a thread for Campanula buffs!
What campanulas are you trying this year? Here's my line-up to date (those worth showing at this stage anyway). All pots are 2 1/4" square; all grown indoors under lights; all were easy, warm germinators.
1) C. argyrotricha NARGS - I'm not sure if this one is what it was said to be; doesn't seem to match Graham Nicholls' description in Dwarf Campanulas, so we shall see, of course!
2) C. hawkinsiana Pavelka; 1700m, Pindos, Greece; many-stemmed short lived perennial, 5-10cm, many purple-violet flowers; screes, stoney slopes; 2006 seed. Was actually listed as C. kowkinsiana but must be C. hawkinsiana??
3) C. kirpicznikovii Pavelka; 1300m, C.Caucasus, Russia; dark green dentate leaves stems 15-20cm, big creamy flowers, pale yellow buds, vertical limestone rocks; in C.betulifolia section; 2004 seed. I grew this once before; biennial; hardy but did not reseed for me.
4) C. seraglio NARGS
5) C. stricta ssp. alidaghensis Pavelka; 2000m, Mescit Dag, Turkey; densely tufted, scabrous leaves, erect stems, 5-15cm, many blue flowers in spike, stoney summit ridges; 2008 seed.
6) C. topaliana Pavelka;1600m, Parnass Mts., Greece; silvery hairy cordate leaves, dentate margins, many blue flowers on decumbent stems; rocks; monocarpic; 2007 seed.
7) C. bessenginica Pavelka; 2500m, C. Caucasus, Russia; compact cushions, leaves narrow dentate, solitary violet flowers, acidic rocks; 2004 seed.